Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Series 1 Part 2 Taken from the movie "Silver Lining's Playbook"

Excelsior
(the search..)
by Shon Houston
 
As bold as she is,
as stone as she stares
like no one can move her
like her knees aren't shaking
this very moment,
she's still small somewhere in her mind.
Her eyes are still eager evening waiting
for Christmas mornings. She tells me all the time.
She tells me that I am the first time
her lips have ever trembled.
And that scares the shit out of me.
One day, if she doesn't tremble,
and I notice, then I will have lost her
to a better man.
I would have owed her that much.
A world without us is a Hell
worth her smile. Worth my weight in ash.
I will live there gladly, and remember everything about her.
Everything about the way her body
fell in my body,
nothing more perfect
than her into me with nothing but her soul on
wearing me.
Nothing more perfect than a kiss.
Than a soft ease of our lips,
dancing their last dance til the next time, til the midnight.
Until we wake up
without missing a step.
And as bold as I am,
as stone as I hold her
I wonder...


No comments:

Post a Comment